Not Just a Bed…The purpose of guest ministries is to provide emergency shelter, food, and clothing in a safe, healthy, Christian environment while exposing people to the Gospel of Christ and making them aware of community resources.
The goal for each guest is to identify the issue(s) that have created the state of homelessness and begin to address those issues, so they can transition into a long-term solution.
Provided they’re not under the influence of drugs or alcohol, walk-in guests are offered a bed, along with showers, food, clothing, counseling, care and spiritual support.
The Mission provides 175 (sometimes more) beds for homeless men, women and children each night.
Shelter use is not an answer to homelessness, but a first step to self-sufficiency.
Our guests are encouraged to join the Mission’s long-term recovery programs to get to the root causes of their homelessness so they can end it permanently.
Services provided to our Guest ministries through case management:
- Referral services to mental health agencies
- Assistance in obtaining housing
- Assistance in obtaining disability insurance payments
- Assistance in obtaining identification
- Referrals for employment
- Medical referrals
- Health care facility referrals
- Financial management classes
- Daily devotions and chapel services
- Professional work clothes
- Transportation to medical appointments, interviews and work