All Volunteers Must Fill Out A Volunteer Application Before Being Scheduled to Volunteer.
Quaterly Life Skill Classes:
Life skills are the skills our clients need to deal effectively with the challenges in everyday life.These classes will require an 8 or 13 week commitment depending on the curriculum. Clases will run January-March; April-June; August-October.
Areas that are needed are: Time Management, Effective Communications, Basic Sewing/Mending, Budgeting/Money Management, Public Speaking, Basic Cooking, Preparing for a Job or Job Interview, Basic Writing Skills, Performing CPR, Self Defense, Confidence Building, Conflict Management, Organizaion/Prioritizational Skills, Teamwork, Parenting, Problem Solving, Anger Management, Stress Magament, Marriage/Relationships, Self Care Health/Fitness, Depression/Anxiety, Grief, Home Safety.
Please contact us if you are someone who has taught in one of these areas or has the ability to lead/teach and are willing to make a set commitment.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities:
- Tutoring Adults and Children
- GED Prep
- Grading Bible Studies
- Computer Lab Tutors
- Computer Lab Monitor at the Men's Shelter
- Summer Day Camp Missionary for Children (June - July)
- Collecting and changing out Hiway 80 Coin Boxes
- Donation Pick Up on weekends from regular retail donors, (ex. Albertson). You do NOT have to commit to every weekend and it will only take a couple of hours.
- Barber and/or Stylist
Professional Volunteer Opportunities-This would be as an on call volunteer as the need arises.
Group Volunteer Opportunities To Work With Adult Men & Women
- Serving Meals
- Adopt A Room At The Women & Families Shelter
- Group Work Projects (This varies depending on group size and skills)
Group Volunteer Opportunites To Work With The Children
- Children Bible Studies
- Movie Night
- Outdoor Playtime
- Homework Tutor
- Arts & Craft Time (This could include the moms too)
- Story Time
Medical Profession Volunteer Opportunities-To work with our medical clinic volunteers
- Medical Doctor
- Eye Doctor
- Nurse practitioner
Volunteers are not limited to what is listed on this page. If you have a special gift in another area or a unique idea we are open to creative ways to teach and/or reach our guest. Thinking outside the box is ok. Just let Ryan, Volunteer Coordinator know. Ryan may be reached at 903-759-8101 ext. 228